Wednesday, February 19, 2014

How do you know you're an adult?

I was just shoveling the snow the other day, which always seems to lead to some sort of internal reflection. I was thinking about being an adult. I think I qualify now, mostly, and I was wondering what some of the criteria are. Here’s a few thoughts I had:

You’re an adult if...

1. You’re no longer automatically better at everything just because you’re two years older.

2. You no longer want to be like everyone else, but rather wish you weren’t just like everyone else.

3. You no longer miss your mom when you’re sick.

4. Growing out of your clothes is no longer a good sign. (Sydney)

5. You would love to debate existentialism in early 20th century film, but these dishes sure as hell aren't washing themselves.

Any other thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Adult, when you forget to zip up (quite regularly) and old, when you forget to zip down !

    ReplyDelete